Temporal with springboot

Since you said “yet,” I presume this is still in the plans? Not asking for any timelines but just a binary yes/no

Yes, it is absolutely planned to be addressed.

@maxim Do we have any updates on this? Most of the Java developer community will love have this. I also came across this project:

Is this officially supported?

Is this officially supported?

No we cannot support that library as we don’t control it. If you use it we could only attempt to solve issues that are 100% Temporal related.

Don’t think there is anything concrete that can be shared yet regarding a supported spring boot starter.

You can start using Temporal in Spring Boot applications without a starter. Here is a super small demo if it helps. Here is a bigger demo running on Quarkus, but same can be implemented with SpringBoot as well without many changes.

Definitely one of the best discussions I’ve read. Thanks for sharing, excellent examples tihomir, keep it up.

4 Likes

Hi @maxim,
We are keen to use the temporal-spring-boot-starter,
but currently, it is in Alpha State(as per the project name), can you elaborate on the release plans to take this to Beta and further?
Alternatively, let us know your opinion if the alpha version is stable enough to be consumed in applications running in production

Also most curious to see any follow up on this matter.

Hi there @Aliasgar and @WvdL!

Appreciate your interest in the Springboot capabilities. We are working currently to get the ‘alpha’ designation removed from the Temporal Springboot starter and auto configure projects. We will post here once they are moved to the next stage.

2 Likes