CSV File for workflows

How to generate a plottable CSV file for workflows we ran in temporal server, can someone pls help me out

I don’t think Temporal provides such a feature out of the box.

Would you clarify your requirements? Why do you need such a file?

To plot the Started vs Completion time of multiple workflows in the graph we need a CSV file right so I am looking for it.

You can use tctl workflow list --print_json to get out the list of workflows as JSON. Then you can use some JSON transformation tool to convert it to CSV.

1 Like

we are following the maru repository(GitHub - temporalio/maru: Benchmarks for Temporal workflows) and we are running benchmarking for workflows, there it’s mentioned that we can generate some CSV and plot it.

I could see some export option in the Temporal server

By using the Export option we are able to download workflow details in JSON file and by converting to CSV we are able to plot some values in the graph

if we can get the same JSON from tctl, instead of getting it from the export option, it will be really helpful.

This is generated by the maru workflow implementation. CSV generation is not a generic feature of Temporal platform.

I could see some export option in the Temporal server
By using the Export option we are able to download workflow details in JSON file and by converting to CSV we are able to plot some values in the graph

This exports the event history of single workflow execution. But I don’t understand how you plan to convert that history into a graph.

if we can get the same JSON from tctl, instead of getting it from the export option, it will be really helpful.

Yes, you can get the same JSON from tctl using tctl workflow show command. But as I mentioned above I don’t see how it is going to help you.

So as I mentioned, from export, I was able to export JSON, and by converting to CSV, this is what I was getting in the graph. So as mentioned, we have implemented maru, help me out in saving a CSV file (as it is mentioned in the maru git repo)