Hi, the background of this, is this github issue [PLUGIN, TEMPORAL] After the activity is completed and worker is terminated (graceful), the last event is still ActivityTaskScheduled · Issue #648 · spiral/roadrunner · GitHub.
Our use case is like this:
- We deploy our temporal worker using php-sdk inside a kubernetes cluster using kubernetes deployment.
- We have a long running activity that we cannot afford to re-run again, which is why we set the retry count to 1
- Sometimes we have to update the workflow and activity code, for this, we trigger graceful shutdown on the temporal php-sdk
- Thanks to the spiral team, when graceful shutdown is triggered, the long running activity will run to its completion
- However, when graceful shutdown is triggered, the activiy result is not sent to the temporal engine, the error code is something like
connection is closing
- I don’t know much about the go-sdk, and whether or not it also suffer from the same issue
I’d love to hear feedback from the temporal team and community.
Is this not possible to achieve ?
I feel that our use case is justified.