Looking for info to create an event from workflow activity using serverless workflow dsl

I am trying to see if I can create an event from one of the DSL activities and use that event to trigger another workflow/activity. It would be helpful if someone could help me out with this or give some pointers to any examples that I can refer to.

any examples that I can refer to

we have the dsl sample in samples-java repo.

I am trying to see if I can create an event from one of the DSL activities and use that event to trigger another workflow/activity

Serverless workflow defines a number of function types, see here.
For event-driven invocations you would use asyncapi function type and provide asyncapi definition of your service that can receive the event and then use Temporal api to start/signal workflows.
You could also define your custom function type and define how the information in the function operation param is interpreted by the runtime.

Could you provide more info on your project? Would be interested to learn more, are you interpreting the dsl and running in on top of Temporal or something else?

Yes @tihomir, I am using the DSL example from the samples java repo. I see there is an example called HelloSignal.java which sends and handles signals. I am trying to replicate that example using the DSL definition with events.

Could you give more detailed explanation of what you are trying to do? To me " DSL definition with events." doesn’t ring any bells.

Updated the DSL sample to show how you can use “custom” function type in DSL to send signal to external workflow and how to wait for signal via event state. Note this is just one way of doing it for the sample, you can use this and extend to whatever you might need. PR here.

For signals sent from the client the existing sample can already handle that via dynamic signal handler definition in DynamicDslWorkflow.

Thanks, @tihomir, that clarified the issue that I was facing. I was trying to send a signal to the same workflowId.