Orchestrate get calls

Lets say I have 3 microservices with different domains but I have an API that needs to fetch data from all of them. Lets pretend the API is not allowed to call these services directly. Lets also pretend that all these services have registered activities to temporal that support fetching data from them. I could now in the api start a workflow, that calls all the activities for all these services and then returns the aggregated data. Now the API only need to know the temporal endpoint.

Is orchestrating get-requests like this a good idea with temporal ?

Also, is it possible to call activities that a registered with temporal outside the context of a temporal workflow ? (without retries etc like a regular rpc)

Is orchestrating get-requests like this a good idea with temporal ?

Hosting activities in other services is a common pattern. So your approach is absolutely valid. The only question if you need Temporal in this case. If this is read only and client can retry then durability Temporal adds might be not necessary.

Also, is it possible to call activities that a registered with temporal outside the context of a temporal workflow ? (without retries etc like a regular rpc)

Not yet. Currently activities can be only invoked from a workflow context.