Temporal compared to Airflow

Hi!
We have use cases where we want to orchestrate business workflows and have been exploring options like Airflow (expertise available in my company), temporal/cadence (new to my company), conductor, etc.

We would like to trigger the workflow via APIs and then track them. The system should support multiple concurrent workflow runs. I need some thoughts from experts here.

There have been many articles highlighting scheduling delays between tasks in Airflow. I am sceptical if airflow will meet our scalability and near-real-time needs.

Is there any such behaviour in Temporal as well. If not, why? If yes, how can we manage that?

1 Like

I"m not an expert on Airflow, so I’ll let others who have experience with both systems comment.

our scalability and near-real-time needs.

What exactly are your scalability and real-time needs? Temporal is used for many highly scalable and interactive systems. But everyone has different requirements.

Here are some comparisons between tools like Airflow/Prefect and Temporal: What are the pros and cons of Temporal with respect to Prefect? - #3 by loren