Temporal PODS not coming up with "index_not_found_exception" error

I am trying to deploy temporal using latest helm charts in GCP with mysql8 instance. Elasticsearch, admin-tools and web pods are up and running. All the other pods like history, frontend, matching and history pods are in Init: 0/1 for very longtime. I could see, check-elasticsearch-index is in Running state with logs "waiting for elasticsearch index to become ready ". i tried a curl from admin-tools pod, i could see following error

temporaldev-admintools-7f49894494-2pb58:/etc/temporal$ curl http://temporaldev-elasticsearch-master-headless:9200/temporal_visibility_v1_dev
{"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"index_not_found_exception","reason":"no such index [temporal_visibility_v1_dev]","resource.type":"index_or_alias","resource.id":"temporal_visibility_v1_dev","index_uuid":"_na_","index":"temporal_visibility_v1_dev"}],"type":"index_not_found_exception","reason":"no such index [temporal_visibility_v1_dev]","resource.type":"index_or_alias","resource.id":"temporal_visibility_v1_dev","index_uuid":"_na_","index":"temporal_visibility_v1_dev"},"status":404}temporaldev-admintools-7f49894494-2pb58:/etc/temporal$
1 Like

Having the same issue, did you manage to solve it?

I believe the problem might be a bug in the helm chart, see this issue

Same issue here any solution?