Temporalio/admin-tools using docker to create cassandra schema

Thank you Kasi.

I am able to run your command line (I just changed the docker image name, to point to public dockerhub), and it prints the help screen:

$ docker run --rm -it -e CASSANDRA_HOST=“xxxxxxx” -e CASSANDRA_PORT=9042 -e CASSANDRA_USER=user1 -e CASSANDRA_PASSWORD=‘xxxxxx#2020’ --entrypoint /bin/sh temporalio/admin-tools:0.26.0 -c temporal-cassandra-tool
NAME:
   temporal-cassandra-tool - Command line tool for temporal cassandra operations

USAGE:
   temporal-cassandra-tool [global options] command [command options] [arguments...]

This is what I would expect – running the tool without params should generate the help screen.

If I start passing parameters from the keyspace creation sequence (Temporalio/admin-tools using docker to create cassandra schema), the command attempts to do the thing, and fails:

$ docker run --rm -it -e CASSANDRA_HOST=“xxxxxxx” -e CASSANDRA_PORT=9042 -e CASSANDRA_USER=user1 -e CASSANDRA_PASSWORD=‘xxxxxx#2020’ --entrypoint /bin/sh temporalio/admin-tools:0.26.0 -c "temporal-cassandra-tool create-Keyspace -k temporal"
2020/08/05 15:52:13 gocql: dns error: lookup “xxxxxxx”: no such host
2020/08/05 15:52:13 error creating Keyspace:gocql: unable to create session: failed to resolve any of the provided hostnames

This is also what I expect, since I am providing made up values for CASSANDRA_HOST, and I don’t have a cassandra host running at xxxxxxx.

I am assuming that if I pass in real values for CASSANDRA_* env variables, the command would work as expected.

Is this not what you are seeing?