Thanks to all the contributors on this project, you did an amazing job and I am excited to develop my next project using Temporal.
I need some tips & tricks in terms of the best strategies for implementing a workflow that interacts with the world multiple times. The project that I am building should handle the following in a typical workflow:
- Sleep for a predefined amount of time.
- Fetch credentials from a trusted source.
- Check whether the credentials are still valid, if not then notify the system + have a retry mechanism.
- Use the credentials to interact with a different service.
With this system in mind, here are my questions:
- Would each step (except for the sleep) be a separate Activity or would it make sense to handle everything directly from the Workflow?
- How would it be best to handle the errors if a request to an external service fails?
Thank you so much for your time and help!