Distributed tracing and `SignalMethod`

I have successfully configured distributed tracing on the workflow worker. Its all good, i can clearly see the traces.

But when it comes to @SignalMethod no traces are emitted. Is this normal?

Sticking a breakpoint on the opentracing client interceptor, it didn’t stop at that breakpoint when calling the signal method. Could it be that interceptors are bypassed when using the signal method?

Thanks again for the help.

I think i know whats happening, since the original workflow method has not completed the trace doesn’t appear together with the signal method.

When the workflow method completes after the await the spans are attached to the workflow method.

I also found this issue

It means as of now, signals and queries dont carry headers, i guess thats why it doesn’t have the traces.

Is there any update on above issue?
I am trying to find a way so that traces are generated for Signals/Queries as well. Since, there is no header information in WorkflowSignalInput and no support for Signal in sdk-java/SpanOperationType.java at master · temporalio/sdk-java · GitHub, unable to leverage methods from sdk-java/ContextAccessor.java at master · temporalio/sdk-java · GitHub

Please guide.

@tihomir @maxim Can someone plz guide on above.