Is port change necessary for multiple deployments on a single cluster

Hi,

I am seen issue of cross connection between different server instances here:

And the suggestion server configuration is at here:

My question is:
Is the configuration “Cluster membership ports should be different for each deployment” necessary? My understanding is the clustermembership is tracked in database, so if we always use a different database for each server, would the service of one server still be able to connect to another service in a different server?

The reason to ask is we have multiple server deployments, and having same set of ports across all servers simplifies many tasks.

regards,
Yu Yang

so if we always use a different database for each server, would the service of one server still be able to connect to another service in a different server?

Your thinking is correct, each service writes its membership info to the cluster_membership table of the persistence->defaultStore you set in static config.

1 Like

So as long as we make sure each server has a different database, then these server can use the same set of ports, is that correct?

Yes, you would have to have some sort of network isolation between the clusters so you dont run into the “port already in use” type of issues but generally you are correct.