Not able to register namespace in 1.2.1 k8s setup

Hi i have been running 1.2.1 docker image for couple of days and it works perfectly fine.

When i try to run temporal 1.2.1 using k8s/helm.

I am unable to register namespace, i get 403 exception.
bash-5.0# tctl --namespace samples-namespace namespace register
Error: Register namespace operation failed.
Error Details: rpc error: code = Unknown desc = Forbidden: Forbidden
status code: 403, request id: 250DCE81B9026FA0, host id: bTkqpS/CChOZrwZw14CL1p8mOfKlnEMU66Pm25Mx33DxGk6a+KD6xLvdso3cX7xhjAopvQ/dUGA=
(‘export TEMPORAL_CLI_SHOW_STACKS=1’ to see stack traces)

in the front end i see the following in logs

{“level”:“error”,“ts”:“2020-11-11T11:22:30.917Z”,“msg”:“Unknown error”,“service”:“frontend”,“error”:“Forbidden: Forbidden\n\tstatus code: 403, request id: C486AFCD8246BCA6, host id: p3YC1NdyUDJbVfGd6OrQ8IYuLcOmqSYpQaauroLUyQUoF7qkekVFxR+mQrX5bgQC3DVf2/L7BWI=”,“logging-call-at”:“workflowHandler.go:3399”,“stacktrace”:“go.temporal.io/server/common/log/loggerimpl.(*loggerImpl).Error\n\t/temporal/common/log/loggerimpl/logger.go:138\ngo.temporal.io/server/service/frontend.(*WorkflowHandler).error\n\t/temporal/service/frontend/workflowHandler.go:3399\ngo.temporal.io/server/service/frontend.(*WorkflowHandler).RegisterNamespace\n\t/temporal/service/frontend/workflowHandler.go:252\ngo.temporal.io/server/service/frontend.(*DCRedirectionHandlerImpl).RegisterNamespace\n\t/temporal/service/frontend/dcRedirectionHandler.go:177\ngo.temporal.io/server/service/frontend.(*AccessControlledWorkflowHandler).RegisterNamespace\n\t/temporal/service/frontend/accessControlledHandler.go:469\ngo.temporal.io/server/service/frontend.(*WorkflowNilCheckHandler).RegisterNamespace\n\t/temporal/service/frontend/workflowNilCheckHandler.go:62\ngo.temporal.io/api/workflowservice/v1._WorkflowService_RegisterNamespace_Handler.func1\n\t/go/pkg/mod/go.temporal.io/api@v1.1.0/workflowservice/v1/service.pb.go:957\ngo.temporal.io/server/common/rpc.Interceptor\n\t/temporal/common/rpc/interceptor.go:35\ngo.temporal.io/api/workflowservice/v1._WorkflowService_RegisterNamespace_Handler\n\t/go/pkg/mod/go.temporal.io/api@v1.1.0/workflowservice/v1/service.pb.go:959\ngoogle.golang.org/grpc.(*Server).processUnaryRPC\n\t/go/pkg/mod/google.golang.org/grpc@v1.32.0/server.go:1194\ngoogle.golang.org/grpc.(*Server).handleStream\n\t/go/pkg/mod/google.golang.org/grpc@v1.32.0/server.go:1517\ngoogle.golang.org/grpc.(*Server).serveStreams.func1.2\n\t/go/pkg/mod/google.golang.org/grpc@v1.32.0/server.go:859”}

ok. looks like it was EKS s3 archival credentails issue.
will be nice we there could be some hint in the logs that its coming from archival configuration.

Would you file an issue to improve the logging?

Thank @maxim just did that https://github.com/temporalio/temporal/issues/983

1 Like