Possible Bug - 13 INTERNAL: ListClosedWorkflowExecutions failed error in WebUI

Hi,

I get the following in the WebUI when I try and view the workflows:

13 INTERNAL: ListClosedWorkflowExecutions failed: elastic: Error 400 (Bad Request): all shards failed [type=search_phase_execution_exception], root causes: Text fields are not optimised for operations that require per-document field data like aggregations and sorting, so these operations are disabled by default. Please use a keyword field instead. Alternatively, set fielddata=true on [RunId] in order to load field data by uninverting the inverted index. Note that this can use significant memory. [type=illegal_argument_exception]

The UI used to work fine when I was running sample code. I’ve tried to create my own workflow and executed it, but I had forgotten to register the workflow and activities to a worker, so the workflows were created but never executed. After creating those workflows, I’ve seen this error in the UI - not sure if it’s related to the above steps but wanted to create a topic.

Let me know what other information you may want and will be happy to provide.

Thank you.
Jay.

This looks same as: [Rare Error] "ListClosedWorkflowExecutions failed" in Temporal Web · Issue #398 · temporalio/web · GitHub
Let us know if the possible resolution mentioned in the issue works for you.

No, it has nothing to do with your workflows and workers registration. This is because schema was not created for the Elasticsearch index. When using Elasticsearch you need to create index and schema manually: How to integrate Elasticsearch into a Temporal Cluster | Temporal Documentation.
Please note, that index on your Elasticsearch server was already autocreated and you need to delete it first to apply schema.