Temporal (cloud) cluster migration

Hello, I have just noticed that Temporal Cloud service is now offered. We manage our own cluster but that certainly comes at an operational cost.

Are there any resources about migrating the existing workflows from one cluster to another?
I am assuming migrating to cloud managed cluster would work the same but I am not sure how we would do it even if migrating to different self host cluster.

Right now we rely on being able to take the snapshot of our RDS when rebuilding the cluster with Helm but I am assuming that is not the case (being able to import rds mysql snapshot) if we decided to switch to the cloud instead.

For cloud, an out of the box solution for this is something being worked on and should be available as a feature hopefully soon (will update when its available).

Are there any resources about migrating the existing workflows from one cluster to another?

We have docs here and working on a small example for this currently.
Search also in this forum as a number of users have shared their experiences with multi cluster replication and possible setups that may be helpful for you.

1 Like

@tihomir any updates on the out-of-box solution?