Hello Temporal Team,
With my team, I am studying for my company the possibility to use Temporal to orchestrate our microservices and I have some points to clarify.
We are also investigating other engines (Zeebe), to be sure to make the right decision
First our requirements are:
- an average of 100k workflows per hour
- support burst of 1k workflows created within 1second
- our workflow will have ~10 activities
- support long running workflow (asynchronous activity may require manual interraction), I don’t know how it will impact whole performance
We would use postgresql as database
Here my questions:
- Is there a commercial support available (for security issue fix, cluster setup help, temporal production issues investigation)? If yes where can I find information?
- NUM_HISTORY_SHARDS can’t be changed after cluster creation, is it planned on the future to be able to change it? I understand it is not a trivial change, but I’m a bit afraid to be stuck with a value which does not match our future requirement.
- Based on my requirements, how should I configure my cluster? I there any guide based on an estimated workload to define NUM_HISTORY_SHARDS, numTaskqueueReadPartitions, numTaskqueueWritePartitions, values? And also the number of history, matching, worker services we have to deploy ?
- java-sdk documentation is poor compared to Go-sdk (for example Signals, ContinueAsNew, etc… are missing from java-sdk doc), is it plan to improve it in near future? documentation is part of our criteria
Thanks to take the time to answer all of these questions.