Typescript SDK Help

Hello, I am attempting to use the temporal typescript sdk but am encountering a problem when running npx @temporalio/create@latest . When it attempts to install the worker library is produces this error message

error: failed to get `temporal-sdk-core` as a dependency of package `temporal-sdk-typescript-bridge v0.1.0 (C:\Users\Drumm\Desktop\Work\Sponsors-Generator\main\node_modules\@temporalio\core-bridge)`

Caused by:
  failed to load source for dependency `temporal-sdk-core`

Caused by:
  Unable to update C:\Users\Drumm\Desktop\Work\Sponsors-Generator\main\node_modules\@temporalio\core-bridge\sdk-core

Caused by:
  failed to parse manifest at `C:\Users\Drumm\Desktop\Work\Sponsors-Generator\main\node_modules\@temporalio\core-bridge\sdk-core\Cargo.toml`

Caused by:
  feature `edition2021` is required

this Cargo does not support nightly features, but if you
  switch to nightly channel you can add
  `cargo-features = ["edition2021"]` to enable this feature
Did not copy "cdylib:temporal_sdk_typescript_bridge"

I’m following the steps in the documentation so not exactly sure how to proceed

1:49

I’ve also tried manually installing the libraries with npm and gotten the same error with the worker library

The SDK is bundled with prebuilt binaries for windows for the Rust Core, you shouldn’t need to compile locally.

Which architecture and OS are you on?

To work around this problem you can install the latest Rust version.

Windows 10 Home, x64-based processor. I’ll try installing the latest version of rust and let you know how that goes.

That did it, thanks

I opened an issue for us to fix this: [Bug] Pre-built Rust bridge does not seem to be used on Windows · Issue #457 · temporalio/sdk-typescript · GitHub

@IslandRhythms this was fixed here: feat(core): Make Core portable by bergundy · Pull Request #458 · temporalio/sdk-typescript · GitHub
We will release a new version soon.