C# / csharp Client Progress

Hi, I love what you are doing with Temporal.IO. I am very interested in using the framework (and potentially the cloud managed version in the hosted version in the future) but my company is largely a C# shop. Does anyone know if there is active work on the C# client? I see there may be some work going on by the guys at Neon…

5 Likes

At this point the Temporal team doesn’t have resources to work on the .NET SDK :frowning:.
The Neon project is the only one targeting .NET.

C# and .NET are what I am waiting for as well. :slight_smile: If you had to prioritize it over Ruby and Python, that would be OK with me.

1 Like

Is there any update on the topic? Is a C# client on the road map for the near future?

Would live to use temporal in production, but the neon-project client does not seem to be very actively developed and is in early alpha…

2 Likes

We are actively working on Rust based sdk-core. sdk-core will be used as an underlying library for language specific SDKs, greatly reducing the effort of implementing them.

The first two SDKs we planned to implement on top of it are NodeJs and Python. C# or Ruby probably will be the next. So I doubt we can get to the C# version in the first part of this year.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, why NodeJS and Rust over C#? C# and Java are enterprise languages and this is definitely solving an enterprise problem. I hope C# happens soon! :slight_smile: My team has been excited for it for months.

1 Like

We are not planning RustSDK in the immediate future. The sdk-core is a library component that would be shared by all other language specific SDKs. And we think that rust is a right language for creating such core components.

We did get more requests for NodeJs than C# so far which influenced our prioritization decisions.

Thanks for the update, development of the code sdk sounds like very good news, didnt know about that. Sounds like this could make a profound c# client possible in a not so far away future…

3 Likes

Hi Maxim,

We used Temporal in Java projects, and I’d be happy to use Temporal in .NET solutions.

Thanks for the great work!

2 Likes

Hello, great work with the project. We would be very interested to use this engine in our company, but I see no C# SDK. When can we expect this bit to be delivered?

1 Like

We’re currently working on a proposal for a c# SDK. It’s hard to tell when it’ll be ready to use at this point.
We’ll update when the proposal is ready on our community slack.

1 Like

Great news. We’re also interested in C# SDK

1 Like

Any news on the timeline? We’d like to see a C# SDK as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bump. Looking for an update on the dotnet sdk progress. Any ETA?

1 Like

Unfortunately, the work on C# SDK was delayed. We plan to get it done next year.

Any quarter in 2023 that you plan on targeting?

1 Like

Eng team mentioned they are currently targeting Q1 for support for activity invocation and client apis.

+1 for the .net SDK

1 Like

Another +1 for the .net SDK

1 Like

I just merged the first commit to GitHub - temporalio/sdk-dotnet: Temporal .NET SDK today. It’s just scaffolding but the rest is coming soon. We at Temporal are actively working on this now. Feel free to join us on #dotnet-sdk on Slack.

3 Likes