"low code" internal apps on top of temporal

Hi

I’m just beginning to explore temporal, I was interested to understand are there any projects building ‘low code’ tools on top of temporal?

I’m thinking projects that aim to make building internal tools really straight forward like GitHub - Budibase/budibase: Budibase is a low-code platform for creating internal apps, workflows, and admin panels in minutes. Supports PostgreSQL, MySQL, MSSQL, MongoDB, Rest API, Docker, K8s, and more 🚀 or GitHub - appsmithorg/appsmith: Low code project to build admin panels, internal tools, and dashboards. Integrates with 15+ databases and any API.

My initial googling hasn’t turned up much but I’m interested to understand if any, even early stage, projects exist. Also interested if this questions exhibits a misunderstanding about temporal… :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Yes, there are many projects that build low code solutions on top of Temporal. The companies range from small startups to public corporations.

Also interested if this questions exhibits a misunderstanding about temporal… :slight_smile:

Absolutely not. IMHO Temporal is the best platform to build low/no-code solutions. It gives you the flexibility to focus on user experience and takes care of all the hard distributed systems concerns as well as scalability.

Thanks Maxim - are there any existing projects you can point me to? Ideally open source projects if there are any!

All the projects I’m aware of are proprietary. You can check the DSL samples in Java and Go.

Hey @sigui, are you still interested in having a UI for Temporal workflows? I’m looking into developing a generic solution for visually building Temporal workflows and I’m curious about use cases.

1 Like