Tctl error while executing the ./tctl

We are getting error while executing ./tctl

vzpvnsp@10-118-227-185.ebiz.verizon.com-/apps/opt/application/Temporal/bin $ ./tctl --ad vnspdev07.ebiz.verizon.com cluster health
Error: Unable to get "temporal.api.workflowservice.v1.WorkflowService" health check status.
Error Details: rpc error: code = Unavailable desc = connection error: desc = "transport: Error while dialing dial tcp: address vnspdev07.ebiz.verizon.com: missing port in address"
('export TEMPORAL_CLI_SHOW_STACKS=1' to see stack traces)
vzpvnsp@10-118-227-185.ebiz.verizon.com-/apps/opt/application/Temporal/bin $ ps -ef | grep -i temporal
vzpvnsp   7433  7145  0 10:05 pts/6    00:00:00 grep --color=auto -i temporal
vzpvnsp  31113     1  0 Jan12 ?        00:37:01 /apps/opt/jdk180_172_64/bin/java -jar -Xmx512m -Xms256m -Xss512k -XX:+UseG1GC ./TemporalMS.jar --server.port=14211 --spring.profiles.active=uat

missing port in address"
tctl --ad vnspdev07.ebiz.verizon.com

You should specify port, if this hits one of your frontend services then the frontend grpc port, if its hitting load balancer, then its port you have assigned to take all the client requests.

vzpvnsp@10-118-227-185.ebiz.verizon.com-/apps/opt/application/Temporal/bin $ ./tctl --ad vnspdev07.ebiz.verizon.com:13981 cluster health
Error: Unable to get "temporal.api.workflowservice.v1.WorkflowService" health check status.
Error Details: rpc error: code = Unavailable desc = connection closed before server preface received
('export TEMPORAL_CLI_SHOW_STACKS=1' to see stack traces)

Same error and getting 503 while trying to load the page

Same error and getting 503 while trying to load the page

Maybe take a look at your load balancing configuration (i assume vnspdev07.ebiz.verizon.com points to LB?). If you give details of what vnspdev07.ebiz.verizon.com is that would help too. It’s hard to tell what’s going on as it seems its related to your server setup so any additional info you can give would help.