Config Server and Web cadence

Hello, I am configuring the cadence server and web in my cluster.

For the server I do it like this:

FROM ubercadence/server:0.13.0

COPY entrypoint.sh /

ENTRYPOINT [ "/entrypoint.sh" ]

My entrypoint.sh

SCHEMA_DIR=$CADENCE_HOME/schema/cassandra/cadence/versioned

cadence-cassandra-tool --ep $CASSANDRA_SEEDS create -k $KEYSPACE --rf 1

cadence-cassandra-tool --ep $CASSANDRA_SEEDS -k $KEYSPACE setup-schema -v 0.0

cadence-cassandra-tool --ep $CASSANDRA_SEEDS -k $KEYSPACE update-schema -d $SCHEMA_DIR -v 0.27

VISIBILITY_SCHEMA_DIR=$CADENCE_HOME/schema/cassandra/visibility/versioned

cadence-cassandra-tool --ep $CASSANDRA_SEEDS create -k $VISIBILITY_KEYSPACE --rf 1

cadence-cassandra-tool --ep $CASSANDRA_SEEDS -k $VISIBILITY_KEYSPACE setup-schema -v 0.0

cadence-cassandra-tool --ep $CASSANDRA_SEEDS -k $VISIBILITY_KEYSPACE update-schema -d $VISIBILITY_SCHEMA_DIR -v 0.5

/start-cadence.sh

and it is configured in my cluster as workflow-server exposed in the corresponding ports:

- 7933:7933
  - 7934:7934
  - 7935:7935
  - 7939:7939

And the environment variables that I deliver are:

CASSANDRA_SEEDS=my_cassandra
KEYSPACE=cadence
VISIBILITY_KEYSPACE=cadence_visibility

For the web what I do is set the environment CADENCE_TCHANNEL_PEERS=workflow_server:7933

From the server I run:

cadence --domain samples-domain domain register --global_domain false

The domain is created without problems, however, I get the constant error:

{Message: Not enough hosts to serve the request}

When I try to find the domain on the cadence website I get the error that I cannot connect to my server, consider that they are in the same cluster and if I ping the IP of my server from the console, I receive a response.

I see many logs with the IP 127.0.0.1 which I do not understand what it is for and how I should configure it correctly.

1 Like

Seems the error is thrown due to a ringpop misconfiguration and ringpop not being able to find the host. source line: https://github.com/uber/cadence/blob/31d2619460f59877a2f080b0415c1290a795916f/common/membership/rpServiceResolver.go#L144

Attaching a ticket regarding Ringpop production config